Slumdog Eagles

Two things for today.



First, I watch Slumdog Millionaire yesterday, since there was so much hype about it. I rarely agree with critics, since their ideas of a good movie are usually the opposite of mine. This time though, they were completely right.

Slumdog is a great movie. I have to pinpoint to the reason why for me, the storyline. It is very compelling, intricate, and moving. From the very first scenes, where you get two polar opposite settings, it caught my attention. The shorts throughout the movie and Jamal's various relationships, all never seemed unreal or fake movie like. Maybe it was the portrayal of India back then and now.

The characters were amazing and never over the top. Jamal sometimes felt painfully shy and determine, but I can see how love might move you to such motives. Latika was great at the beginning, then, like a swan, gorgeous and strong. Salim was a good character to compare Jamal against, and showed what family and love really do mean.

All in all, a great movie. When it comes out in theatres, I hope others have the chance to see it.


My other note is that the Eagles play today, and we will be winners. Wild Card Playoff game against the Minnesota Vikings. Everything is pointing to a win, but our Birds have to stay focus and energized. 4:30 will erupt in Philly at the excitement.

Fly Eagles, Fly.
On the road to victory!



~Philly

0 comments: