Easy E and Eric B & Rakim


Oh man, someone just sent me Eric B & Rakim's Gold and Easy E's Eternal E.

That brings back some days. My gangsta days growing up in ghetto Spokane, WA. It was so gangsta that some of the kids rode 10 speeds and would try to steal logos from the local Best store.

I do remember the Eric B & Rakim album having some rad beats and lyrics. Those were the only times I think I actually could remember rap lyrics. The fact that most of the songs actually talked about something other than bitches and hos, makes the value of 80s rap millienum better

Here's a good place to start:

Let's trace the hints and check the file

Let see who bit to detect the style

I flip the script so they can't get foul.

At least not now, it'll take a while

I change the pace to complete the beat

I drop the bass,'till mc's get weak.

Come on! Eric B was walking you up to the mic to make sure you were going to get served.

Easy E was insane. I loved how smooth he was when it came to rhyming. Maybe it was that he knew he was a bad ass, or that true gangster life desensitized his emotions and feelings for others. The one thing you can always take from his raps and lyrics was that he meant some serious sh*t.

Boys in the hood was pure Easy E.

I do have to leave with probably my most favorite rapper from the 80s, Kool Moe Dee. He was the first to rap with speed and a little more mature authority. This was my all time favorite track:



I go to f*cking work.

~Philly

0 comments: